Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Here's to 2014

Hello again!  Here's hoping for more blogging and knitting, spinning, and quilting in 2014!

When I last left you in December we were hoping to close on the 20th....well we moved in that weekend and did not close until January 3rd....sigh...long story on that. However, the house is now ours. So you can guess where most of January went on my days off...yeah, unpacking. This is our 4th move in 2 years....hoping we are here for at least 3 years, but who knows!

I have been knitting and spinning when I can to save my sanity. Still working 12 hour shifts and attempting to get the house in order.  The last room of course is my fiber studio, which is still not completely done, slowly getting there.

We are also trying to downsize even more...we'll see how that goes!

So...in the spinning department I spun up these skeins:

Two if By Hand Superwash Merino,a 3-ply in Firework and some 3-ply and n-ply leftovers. Socks soon I think....it is sportweight about 300 yds, my default yardage it seems.

From this:





Two if By Hand Organic Merino in Flowers and Football Tops, a chunky n-ply spin of about 180 yds or so. Will be a nice squooshy hat or something. Their organic merino is so nice to spin!



Such cool colors huh, reminds you of Footballs and Flowers ;)


Knit a few hats:


Gargantuan Melon in Plucky Knitter Bulky Big Sky and Wintry Mix for a former coworker. This was knit in leftovers from my Zags cowl. I still have more left! Love Plucky Bulky. Working on another project with it too :)



My first Hats for Sailors hat of 2014, a Barley had knit in Pagewood Farms Kiana, a superwash wool in Marine Girl...going to a Navy person..um..hehe.


This is a scarf knit back and forth...um..just what I dislike usually. However knit in Rasta on size 17 needles, this Super-Fast Ultra-Cozy scarf goes pretty quick. That's 2 full skeins of Rasta (about 180 yds of super bulky yarn) It also went to another former coworker.


I have one more FO that deserves it's own post so that is coming later :)  Maybe some house photos too!  I'll try not to stay away so long!





2 comments:

dianne said...

Nice to have you back! It sounds like life has been crazy busy for you and I am glad you were able to carve out a bit of time for crafting :-)

Lynn said...

Glad to see you post! I feel for you and moving. We moved in Nov and I still haven't finished unpacking!!!